View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:46 PM
teacherbailey

Default I made this mistake too......

Originally Posted by egagnon291 View Post
I was hospitalized in January for 29 days and then spent another 2 months recuperating. During this time I inadvertently left the quilt I was working on draped over the chair in my sewing room. Well, the cats decided this was the best place in the house to sleep. Now I have 3 months worth of cat hair embedded in the quilt. The quilt is almost finished. I have about 25% to finish the hand quilting on.

My question is: Does anyone have a good way to remove a lot of cat hair from the quilt? I have tried lint brushes and masking tape, but it is taking forever. Any suggestions appreciated.
I put a layered but not quilted quilt in a Rubbermaid box and moved it to my new house a few years ago. Somehow the lid got off and the cats decided it was the bed of a lifetime....evidently for quite some time before I found it. Tried everything and then gave up, finished it with some casual quilting, and threw it in the washer. (No, it wasn't meant to be an heirloom; it was a just fun quickie that got put aside in the move.) Pulled it out of the washer and threw it in the dryer with 3-4 fabric softener sheets with non-static treatment---and the quilt was defurred when it came out of the dryer.

Glad you are feeling better and are wanting to finish the quilt, though! Post pics????