Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Mizkaki

Randa,

I know that I'm late in this reply and that several people have already answered you. That type of foot control (those with the white ceramic blocks inside) are not the safest type when new and when old they are dangerous. They are prone to over heating and sticking in the on position. I always recommend that they never be repaired. Please just replace it.

Cathy

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
Another question about this Universal...(I took the motor in to work and showed the maintenance man who willingly took it home to solder the new wires). Meanwhile, I've now taken the foot pedal apart and found a broken wire there. Here is the senario...a white ceramic piece holds six coiled wires wrapped (through a hole) from one side to the other with connectors which, when pressing the foot controller down, a metal piece runs over these connectors to make the machine run, faster and faster (my assumption). One of these coiled wires was broken, black, brittle. What would happen if I just remove that wire? The rest look in great shape. I have no idea what type wire (copper?) nor where to find it. We have a small motor repair place in the next town. I'm wondering if I should pay them a visit??