Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 AM
nancia

maggiemay-- so sorry to hear of your nephew's passing. drugs are such harsh mistresses and killers. it is a terrible loss.
irish--you are so knowledgeable i thought you had been quilting for years (i am being serious). i have a similar background, long history of sewing, new to quilting (one year in march). as different as baseball and football. i still think the best part is the shopping--please, someone take away my card! i love getting the new fabrics in! i found a cache of breakfast at tiffany's. i had previously bought 3 prints on sale and couldn't find any others. now i have enough to make a beautiful quilt for someone. one thing i like about the swaps i've discovered, is that i can explore and make something new, then ship it off to someone new and not have to find it a home or a place to stash it in my already over=stuffed house. i buy these fabrics because i love them, but i don't have a very large family and i don't think they are going to want 20 quilts each, lol. i've gotten by up to now by doing swaps and baby quilts. time to grow up and do full size quilts. have several cut out because i'm doing a couple mystery quilts. if i could tear myself awaay from the qb i could get a lot of quilting done. lol hope everyone is having a good week! when are we doing the quilt along? definitely want to be part of that! this sunday is good for me if anyone wants to meet here!