Old 04-20-2012, 09:07 AM
irishrose

MaggieMay, my condolensces to you and your family. Losing young people is so hard, but when it's meaningless, it's heartbreaking.

nancia, the Jewel Box I am FMQ was pieced almost a year ago when I knew even less than I do now. My first HSTs and, of course, 4 patches. I can't believe how many corners are not perfect, but I don't have time to redo them. I guess we learn by our errors. The bride and groom will love it anyway. It's a good thing wedding presents aren't late until the first anniversary. I have until July 19, but it should be done tonight if I remember to do a label. I have a habit of thinking I'm finished without one. BTW, I went to the LQS for thread and didn't buy any fabric. For me that is a victory.

Pam, my prayers are with Ethan that he can enjoy his time on Earth and his family can stay strong. Children aren't meant to suffer like this, IMO.

Di, I've had to do the bed change all the way to the mattress twice this week - even the blankets and quilt. Lily's Siberian blood is showing and she ate a sock and then a piece of a toy. Apparently she no warning when her body decides to upchuck it. Better than surgery, but still too much work. I'm trying to figure why she has done this twice in a week. Usually it's only when she's upset like during fireworks. I wonder if she has a tummyache or something. She isn't showing any other symptoms.

My GSs aren't coming tonight. I'll have more time to sew, but I have enjoyed our Friday evenings. Di, we are getting your cold, wet rain - some ice and snow mixed in about 5:30 yesterday. We need the moisture so much after a less snowy winter, but I'd prefer a warmer rain. I hope my young friend's ball game is cancelled, because I'm not going.

nancia, I'd love to have a quiltalong this Sunday if I can work on the dress while the rest of you quilt. It willl be quilt related in that the sooner it's done, the sooner I can get back to the red quilt, another Spicy Spiral and an Asian fan quilt. When you have as many children, GC and GGC as I do, someone is always having a birthday. Anyone else want to join us? I can't start until 1:00, but others can start sooner. I'll catch up.

Gayle, I hope you were able to sleep. It's always hard for me to sleep on my back with a foot propped up. The orthopedic pain should be better - bones don't have any nerves. The soft tissue will take longer, especially if the Achilles tendon is involved. My prayers will continue.

From April 20th OA book:
'Not in the clamor of the crowded street
Not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng,
But in ourselves are triumph and defeat. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
There is no better triumph than feeling good about myself - not because of acquisitions or recognition, but because I have come to like myself, to accept and feel at peace with myself.'

Wow, That's thought provoking. I'll take the triumphs over the defeats. I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 04-20-2012 at 09:10 AM.