View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 PM
JanTx

Default table runner - fmq practice

A retired co-teacher had a house fire and lost everything. She is about to move into a new place and I've been collecting money for a gift from our faculty. Seems cold to just have cash - though I know it's always welcome - so I'm adding this little runner. She said "fall colors" and this is my interpretation of that from my stash. Love being able to go through my collection and come up with an entire project.

Pattern is from McCall's Quilt Quilts Feb/March 2012 - p. 61

Quilting: I'm in love with the idea that you chalk in a rambling line - a "snake" - and then go from there.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...g-t177072.html

Someone else shared the method where you quilt several "snakes" from side to side to stabalize the quilt then go back over that line and add whatever shapes/figures you like. I'm sorry I can't find that link right now, but it was very helpful.

I love varigated threads, but ... not sure it works well here. When part of the thread disappears in the color of the fabric it starts to look kind of weird!

I feel like I'm finally on the road to FMQ. It's a start that makes me very happy.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02337.jpg   dsc02336.jpg   dsc02334.jpg