View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 06:20 AM
Snooks

Originally Posted by scisyb220 View Post
My kids tease me, but I always gawk at "treasures" put out by the street on the day prior to trash day. Yesterday while babysitting at my DS's I noticed the neighbor across the street putting out some furniture including some pink painted pieces. I texted by DDIL to ask if she wanted me to snag any. Before she could get back to me, someone grabbed the tall dresser & a bookcase. I went over to look over the pieces left, with my 4yo nonverbal grandson in hand, and the two guys there carried across a nice long dresser with 4 center drawers & a door cabinet on each end, along with the bookcase. I was really happy when DS & DIL got home & were really happy with my "treasures". You would not believe the goodies I have gotten this way---best one of all was a washing machine for the cottage! Just needed a hose unclogged & it's been running fine for over 8 years!! Just goes to prove: one man's junk is another man's treasure!
I used to get things at THE YUMA STORE (AZ). I had all kinds of outdoor furniture (very nice, etc). Had a friend talking about a new bamboo chair I had and how cute, ect... She said she would love something like that for her house (lol), she wanted to know more about "The Yuma Store". She told me she had never seen it??? Still talking about my chair - I told her that it came from the lady that lived next door to "HER". With mouth open, she said NO! That lady only had "OLD" stuff and she had not had a yard sale (lol). I told her that the husband was hauling this stuff out to sit in front of the house (for free), so he helped me load up what I wanted (after my last visit to her house). After I came home I sanded it and painted it. She now looks on the street as she is going some place too. In Oregon they call it re-cycling, but people have been doing it and getting great stuff - O!!! and the stock changes EVERY DAY!!!! lol