Old 09-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Esqmommy I am so glad you liked the doll quilt. It was fun to do. Like I said I cheated as I had all the squares already made up except for the Sue and the hearts.They were cut and basted I just had to sew them down.
The key chain or fob whatever is made with 1" HSTs that Dorothy cuts for me. I had a good time in this swap! It is my very first one and I thoroughly enjoyed making this quilt for you Esqmommy!

The candy is from my favorite old fashioned country store in Cantril called the Dutchman's Store. They are Mennonites and it is run by the extended family. You will sometimes hear people speaking German as they came from Germany. The candy is a mix of candies I remember from my childhood and some I just thought were unusual and interesting.
They have one whole wall with huge dispensers of all kinds of candy!

The chips are a local thing. You can't get them anywhere else to my knowledge. At one time they only shipped within a 30 mile radius and now they have extended that to about a 150 mile radius. It is a little factory not much bigger than 2 houses put together. I haven't looked lately I guess they could have expanded. But the last time I was that way they hadn't. My grandmother worked there at one time.