View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 08:55 AM
EvelynJ

Default Lap Quilt in Progress

Hi, I wanted to show off my latest project that I have been working on: my daughter's Kindergarden teacher, Ms. Birdsong, is a very special lady. Her father had a stroke about 6 or 7 weeks ago and he is unable to return home so he's been moved to a long-term care facility. His wife, the teacher's mother, is not taking this very well.

I wanted to do something special so I decided to create a lap quilt for the mother, Barbara. I've just about got the top done. I have two more birds to applique around. I'm still trying to decide if the cat needs eyes or not. I thought about using buttons for eyes but I'm just not sure. What do you think?

I received a really pretty pastel roses fabric from my boyfriend's mom and thought I would use that for my backing. I hope she likes it. I'll keep you apprised of my progress. As you can see I have an excellent assistant, my daughter, Bridget!

Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails barbara-birdsongs-lap-quilt-top.jpg   my-lovely-assistant-bridget-birdsong-lap-quilt.jpg   pix-birdsong-quilt-backing.jpg