View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:03 AM
d.rickman

You are very organized, I'm so impressed...now all you need is the "Vanishing Design Wall" - it is a shelf with a roll up blind that you can pull down when you need it, and then roll back up - and the best part is you can leave your quilting
pieces on it when you roll it up and they stay!

I just joined "Craftsy.com" yesterday, and they sent me back a notice that I can take one of the quilting courses for $25, which is half price, so just started that yesterday, and then I can quilt my own quilts....you might want to come join me...The best part about that website, is you can go into the course anytime 24 -7days per week, so it is available when you can watch the video and sew along if you like.

I keep my sample pieces and make them into hot mats by just adding a square of thinsolate, put on a binding and give them away. I also visited the Hospital thrift shop and picked up a couple of sheets that were almost new for $4 and
use those as my practice squares.

I also took a quilting class where I live, and will email you the directions for a sample wallhanging. Thanks for letting me know that you got your room together - so proud of you - good job.

Oh I forgot to ask, what happened to the pincushion part of your scrap catcher - looks like the silica sand settled in its' travelling to you - never thought that would happen - you might be able to hand stitch all around and along the bottom it to tighten it up - so sorry about that.

Hugs to you my friend.