Old 04-21-2012, 06:57 PM
marand

I just got back from my trip to New Mexico. I loved Southwestern Decoratives Shop!! It was the first stop we made after leaving the airport to travel to Santa Fe. We got there close to closing time but the women there were soooo friendly. They were welcoming and spent quite a bit of time talking to us. I told them how they were referred to me from this board. The quilts on the walls were gorgeous. I bought some locally flavored fabric, a pattern, a store pin and was happy. If you ever got to New Mexico, go to this shop!!!! We also went to the Taos Adobe Quilt Shop. Thought it was a cute shop, located in the Plaza area, I have to say the woman there was cold. She waited on me but was truly not that interested. I was the only one in the store. I bought the store pin, which she did go find for me in the back room. She just seemed that she had more important things to do and was clearly not interested in any type of small talk. We left. I loved New Mexico. It is a beautiful state. Friendly people, lots to do and excellent food!!!
MA