Old 04-22-2012, 05:29 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
What? would you rather have ORANGE??? Melinda, it looks yellow and says Brother and it's reasonably old - nice lines. It is buried in The Pile - there are 40 machines and cabinets in my van - unloading tomorrow - afraid to open the back door. Then we go get the rest on Tuesday. All machines but one are electric - it looks like my Vindex Special but it isn't - not in great shape. I did see a 99, a couple 66s - one redeye one not - some 15s with potted motors maybe a 201, a 301 in a cabinet!!! a couple Touch and Sew, a couple newer Singers, quite a bit of godzilla, some clones, some Kenmore, some odd things or another and who knows what else. There were cases I never opened - I just put them on the truck. I am very excited and very exhausted. We had to take machines out of cabinets and then knock down cabinets to get it in our van. The drive was through southern Indiana - a good 2 1/2 hours and windy hilly roads. (Nowhere to stop for a potty break - NOWHERE.... Next time I'm going to throw in a couple Attends unless the corn gets up by Tuesday.) The stuff still there is apart so will save time and easier to get in the van. I hope it all goes in. Some of the machines turn. Some don't turn. I did burn 3 cabinets - particle board with pretty good mold. I found mouse nests in a couple. There are a couple cabinets I have been wanting to see for a long time. Phil says he found one black Necchi in there - I never saw it. I wish you all lived close - we could have quite a party (or yard sale) I'll make pizza... Glenn will have to keep his phone handy to tutor the finish work... I was surprised how excited my husband was about all of it. He was having a pretty good time. I hope I can figure out which attachments go where and which machines go with which cabinet when all is done. All will need oil and cleaning of course. I didn't bother bringing the 50 bowling balls, or the 20 bags of golf clubs or hundreds of folding chairs.... etc. etc. etc. I know pictures soon.
Geeze Miriam, you must of found an estate sale on Craigslist! I want to see the black Necchi! Actually, it would have been fun to post a photo of your van piled with machines! Or a photo of all the machines piled in the front yard as you unloaded them - even the burn pile of the cabinets! You go girl!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 04-22-2012 at 05:36 AM.