Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
if i remember correctly you don't have a real "store" that people can walk in and shop at you're mainly an online retailer.
Actually, that's not true. We certainly are open for walk-in customers, though the majority of our sales are online, and we're okay with that.

We love having "real people" stop in and shop. I'm also aware that it takes more time to fill the order of our walk-in customers than it does to fill the same order when placed online. That's because, I suppose, we're friendly and chatty and want to see what the customer's making, etc. This is one of the reasons why a LQS has to charge more than a place that ONLY sells online.

Though I have no way of knowing what the prices at LQS across the country are, ours are lower than what the other LQS's in our area are. Also, even an online seller that has a sizeable inventory, does have to have an actual physical place to keep all the fabric.

Most importantly... just because we're mostly an online shop does not make us less "real". Everybody who works here is a real person with a real job, supporting a real family and paying real bills. They are all paid a real living wage, because they deserve nothing less. If you call us during business hours, a real person answers the phone (because you deserve nothing less). We have spent countless hours on the phone counselling our real (though far-away) customers about which fabrics look best together for their projects. The business itself pays real rent, real taxes, real benefits such as workers compensation and disability insurance and unemployment insurance, just like every other real business. And we keep the chocolate box full, for the staff and the customers and the neighborhood kids who drop in just to "raid the stash".