Thread: Bankruptcy
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 AM
romanojg

When you file bankruptcy you don't have to file on everything. Somethings you can decide to pay. My friend filed last year and they each kept their cars and the house but listed his car and the house but kept paying. Then they went to get a divorce and turned in the house and his vehicle since it had been listed under the bankruptcy. Go get a copy of all 3 of your credit reports so that you can make sure you get everything that shows up, medical bills etc. There could be things on there that you don't know buy now is the time to wipe them clear. When you get a lawyer he'll explain this to you but the more prepared you are when you go in the easier it'll be. It's good to keep a few things back to keep on paying to start building up your credit again just like it's better to file before your credit goes down hill. If you file before your credit goes in the tank you can rebuild it faster. Good luck I know it's stressful but unfortunetely with times as they are it's a sign of the times that alot can't avoid right now.

When I filed years ago I kept my Sears, my gas card and few other credit cards. A lot will depend on the state you live in. My friend lives in NC that filed last yr and she has some of her CC, her car and some other things. She filed the one that you pay a portion of it back and that also will depend on what happens is which one you file; 7 or 13.

Last edited by romanojg; 04-22-2012 at 06:50 AM.