View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 11:37 AM
dixie_fried

Originally Posted by ewecansew View Post
I don't think it is the foot. It may just be the wrong one for your machine. Have you got the piece over the needle screw so it works with the needle as it goes up and down? I am trying to figure it out as you say it was working last night.
I had used the foot a bunch of times before, and left it as it was when I quit for the night last night. I double checked how it was installed, even took it off and reattached it to make sure.

Originally Posted by MaggieBB View Post
I bought a genaric foot for my machine and had the same broblem you are describing, after checking, found the angle
was not right, I think you have the right idea, buy a foot spacificly for the machine you have and hopefully everything will be OK!
Which angle did you find was not right? Was this because it was installed wrong, or just not the right foot? Did you replace it?
Originally Posted by tjradj View Post
I've done this on my steel darning foot a couple of times. It usually happens when I just starting after a full stop. It is just me moving my fabric too fast before the machine gets up to speed. You don't have to tug very hard to pull the needle to the side enough for it to hit the foot. If you happen to be pulling when the needle is up - wham!
Now I try to make the effort to get the machine up to speed before moving the fabric.
BTW, have you modified your foot like Leah Day does? It really helps for visibility. Check this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APD6s7PwoqU
I will try to be more careful, even after I locate a new foot--no luck on that at any chain stores today. I will try the LQS's tomorrow.
If I can't find a foot specific to my machine, will it hurt to try the "BigFoot"?

Thanks again for your help!