Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 PM
rosie99

[QUOTE=miriam;5162151]
Originally Posted by rosie99 View Post
Okay you guys are making me jealous with all your great treadle machines. So now I'm sizing up where I can fit one in. How long is a regular treadle cabinet (with the cover closed)? I have a possible place in mind if it will fit. I just found this board about 2 weeks ago and trying to read the past posts(on page 1077) but also keeping up to date with current stuff. I must have always liked vintage machines as I picked up the machine below at a church sale when I was 17, and that wasn't yesterday,lol. I paid $10. and it works perfectly.

Rosie that is very pretty and so well kept! I kind of doubt if it was ever in a treadle. It doesn't have the heavy spoked balance wheel and it is in an older base. It was most likely and early electric from the get go.
Thanks Miriam. It is an electric and despite it having cloth wiring it still works well. Anyone have any idea how old this might be? I want a separate treadle machine. The area of Newfoundland I live in only got electricity in the late 60's and early 70's so I think there must be some treadles hanging around in people's homes. I think posting an ad would be more useful as classifieds are not very plentiful here.