Old 04-22-2012, 05:52 PM
miriam
Power Poster

The place was rather interesting. This was in south western Indiana. Very hilly and curvy roads. The lady had a fabric shop in the big house. She had junk in 3 out buildings. These weren't small sheds - big buildings. I didn't want to seem rude so I didn't take much pictures. The lady died 4 years ago and they are still trying to get rid of stuff - she got rid of the fabric before she died. These buildings were full. Well, they sold the property so they HAVE to get rid of the stuff. So it was buy all or nothing. So since I'm crazy I bought all. Some will be no good I'm sure but mostly there is good stuff. Oh the family was pretty entertaining. They sat and watched us while they were burning old chairs and furniture and 5 gallon cans with tar in them or tires or something... (insert yuck face here) I just can't really go into all of it.... I'm trying NOT to think about it.... ANYWAY. They were drinking something brown and cloudy out of quart jars. Smoking something and burning furniture and watching us. I wonder if they thought I was going to throw a chair on the truck or something... They were going to burn the sewing tables and take the machines to the salvage place. I made them an offer they couldn't refuse. I hope I didn't blow my life savings too frivolously. Toward the end they were a bit more friendly. I was never so glad to get out of there though - hey what could they do - they already had all my money... AND we have to go back for the rest on Tuesday. Oh well. See how that goes. LOL. I hope we can get in and out a whole lot quicker on Tuesday. We took the legs off the cabinets that would knock down Saturday. Machines are already to go too. I pick up free t-shirts or grab bags full of shirts for rags... some times I wear them. That black and white striped one is the one that little black machine was wearing - the 301 was hiding in the white one - too bad I didn't have an orange one for the orange machine - color coordinated???