View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:09 AM
faykilgore

Default The yard needed mowed anyway!

We've all had these quilts, and these bad quilting days, but honestly! This is the baby quilt I asked advice on, as I had no pattern. I will think REALLY hard before I do another quilt without a better plan. Finally put the panels together and attached to the center medallion, put it on the design wall: it's too narrow. It needs one more 6" block, in the middle of each row of course, which means taking every panel apart, taking the piano keys off the medalion, since they'll have to be longer now, etc. So, I spent the evening with my seam ripper, consoling myself that I would be much happier with the finished project. The next morning I made the 6 extra 9-patch blocks with the last of the cream colored material. When I ironed them, I realized I'd just made 6 precious 3" 9-patches instead of 6." That's when I went outside and mowed the yard.

I will regroup and finish this quilt, and post pictures, but what remains of this fabric, including the 3" 9-patches, is going into a pay-it-forward! I NEVER want to see this fabric AGAIN!

Thanks for letting me vent!