Thread: ? about LQSs
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
OdessaQuilts

Originally Posted by amandasgramma

My question is -- if I run out of background fabric, or go thru the stash I'll take, do you think most LQSs will be willing to cut the fabric down to 12" or so squares? I know this sounds silly but it's a difference of whether to take the cutting mat, rotary cutter, and ruler (which DH is balking about).

Thanks for your help.
I'd say take a smaller version! I've got a HUGE mat (I don't even know what size it is) and I've got one that is 18x24 or thereabouts (I think). I believe they make a smaller version that may even be square (say, 12" - 15" range). Check out your local shop and get one of those. While you're there, pick up a 6" or 12" square ruler, too. Your cutter you can store in an eyeglass case. All these supplies will fit into a canvas tote that can also house your fabrics and other things for your project. No wasted space (unless hubby is balking :evil: at this small bit of comfot for you to take :roll: ).

If he still complains, remind him that if you have your applique to work on, you'll be happy and a happy wife = a happy trip! :D

Odessa