Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 AM
jljack

Well, even though I haven't put up pictures, I can tell you I finally got that Davis from L.A. My grandaughter and I drove down on Saturday to get it. When I got there the lady had 3 good sized boxes of sewing stuff....and she offered it to me for an extra $25. So I took it. When I got home and started going through it, it turned out to be tons of sewing machine needles, lots of hand needles, TONS of thread, 2 TONS of zippers of all sizes and colors, about 30 different sewing machine attachments of various sizes and shapes, a whole gallon plastic bag of hooks & eyes and snaps, a vintage Singer zigzagger attachment, and a really cool Greist Decorative Zigzagger with all the little template blades/cogs in it's original box and with the original booklet. I looked it up on eBay because I hadn't seen one before, and found some, but none on there had everything with it and all original. So I think I have something special with this one. The Davis is the New Vertical Feed, and the decals are in great condition. The lady I bought it from got it when a family friend passed away and the lady's family divided up her belongs among her friends. The lady was a professional seamstress/tailor, and so had tons of sewing supplies and 6 sewing machines. Hence, the lady I bought it from had a cut of her friend's stash. I'll put up pics tonite, I promise!! I was too busy this weekend finishing a quilt for my DD and DSIL to use for a raffle at a fundraiser they are doing this coming weekend, and I have to mail the quilt to NC today. Anyway, I am excited to use this Davis..I replaced the treadle belt that was broken, and I tried it, and it sews so smoothly!!

Oh, yes, and the Davis came with a bunch of attachments for it, too!!

Last edited by jljack; 04-23-2012 at 08:49 AM.