Old 04-23-2012, 09:16 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by jljack View Post
Well, even though I haven't put up pictures, I can tell you I finally got that Davis from L.A. My grandaughter and I drove down on Saturday to get it. When I got there the lady had 3 good sized boxes of sewing stuff....and she offered it to me for an extra $25. So I took it. When I got home and started going through it, it turned out to be tons of sewing machine needles, lots of hand needles, TONS of thread, 2 TONS of zippers of all sizes and colors, about 30 different sewing machine attachments of various sizes and shapes, a whole gallon plastic bag of hooks & eyes and snaps, a vintage Singer zigzagger attachment, and a really cool Greist Decorative Zigzagger with all the little template blades/cogs in it's original box and with the original booklet. I looked it up on eBay because I hadn't seen one before, and found some, but none on there had everything with it and all original. So I think I have something special with this one. The Davis is the New Vertical Feed, and the decals are in great condition. The lady I bought it from got it when a family friend passed away and the lady's family divided up her belongs among her friends. The lady was a professional seamstress/tailor, and so had tons of sewing supplies and 6 sewing machines. Hence, the lady I bought it from had a cut of her friend's stash. I'll put up pics tonite, I promise!! I was too busy this weekend finishing a quilt for my DD and DSIL to use for a raffle at a fundraiser they are doing this coming weekend, and I have to mail the quilt to NC today. Anyway, I am excited to use this Davis..I replaced the treadle belt that was broken, and I tried it, and it sews so smoothly!!

Oh, yes, and the Davis came with a bunch of attachments for it, too!!
Janice, I'm so excited for you!! You are going to love this Davis NVF. You got an excellent deal, very NICE find!!
Please post the Greist Decorative Zigzagger too.

I'm so happy that you found a Davis Cabinet. I'm happy that you also now not only have your older Davis, but a NVF which uses standard needles. If the inside of the machine needs a cleaning, just follow the excellent tutorial on the yahoo Davis site. Looking forward to photos! Enjoy!!!