View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
litacats

Default WOW what a bargain ( Long)

I went into my local fabric shop (only 100 klms away LOL) to buy some insulbright and their seconds bin was over flowing. Well I can't resist a bargain so I went thru it to see what they had it was all $2.00 a metre CHEAP here in Australia. they had dress fabrics, curtain fabrics,quilting fabrics and fleece, so I dived in LOL, grabbed an armful so they brought me a trolley LOL and I filled it to over flowing went to the checkout and the lady whispered to the manager then said to me I am not going to measure it all so how does $20.00 sound, great said I, can I go back and get some more so of I went again and grabbed another armful, I nearly forgot to get the insulbright I was so happy, well they shoved it all into 2 huge bags and the whole lot cost me $37.00 you should have seen me trying to carry the 2 bags to the car I was almost doubled over with the wieght of it all, I am still trying to sort it all out, some of the fabrics are silk and I am going to make scarves out of it, I also have enough to make myself several new outfits, and some quilts,
Lita