Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Daylesewblessed

It is important to me as an exhibitor that my quilts be in a secure, clean environment. In a community where I lived previously, the quilts were not behind glass, but guild members volunteered to oversee the exhibition area. People were allowed to touch with gloves and supervision. Where I live now, the quilts are behind glass, and nobody can touch them. Good for the quilts, but not so good for nearsighted people like me leaning over the guard rail trying to read the information and get a look at the stitching. However, for me as an exhibitor, I am happy that my quilts are protected from dirty hands and that they will not be stolen.

If you are in need of volunteers, an arrangement might be possible with the guild to help out in exchange for allowing them a venue for selling their raffle tickets.

To get exhibitors it may help to solicit guilds, senior centers, church quilting groups, etc. with a personal visit or a publication showing the categories and personally inviting them. If you emphasize where the mission of the fair corresponds with their group mission, they may see the value more clearly.

Finally, I would recommend making sure that the groups, as well as all quilt shops in the area, are provided with a stack of fair premium booklets a few months ahead of time.

Best wishes!

Dayle