View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 PM
jem39

Default New to this thread

Like Love Angels, I, too have spent the last couple of hours reading just the last 10 pages of this thread!!! Most interesting. Have to figure out how to mark this so I can read it more often.

I have a Brother ULT2003D. Started out with a used (from local dealer) PC8500. Decided 4x4 hoop too small when I bought a design of a greyhound and couldn't load it on to my card. Went into dealer, said, "I have a problem." They answered with, "well, we can help with that......" And I walked out of the store with my brand new 2003D. Love my machine. Took me several years to really get comfortable with it. It's the old, "well, I might break something" syndrome. The needle up/down button no longer works, but otherwise it's in fine shape.

My biggest problem is which stabilizer to use. I buy denim shirts from the thrift stores and I'm still flummoxed as to which stabilizer works the best - seems to change with each different design. My absolute favorite is a plastic-y tear away one with teeny tiny holes in it. Just don't get your iron close to it as it will be toast and your iron will have goo all over it. I'm not fond of FSL, but have done some. Just finished a quilt for girlfriend using alternate embroidered blocks and blocks of 2 different shades of blue. Haven't taken any pix of it yet. When I do, will try to post. Usually what I do, because I'm curious what design actually looks like stitched out is to get some good quality muslin and stitch out design after design - as I'm either working on computer or sewing on my other machine. Pretty soon I have a stack of designs and I put them all into quilts. All different designs, all colors and it's a lot of fun.

I am going to add one picture in this posting of the first embroidered quilt I made - was for charity.

Nita in wonderfully COOL Florida
[ATTACH=CONFIG]330091[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1539.jpg   img_1539-large-.jpg  

Last edited by jem39; 04-23-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: delete attachment