View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 PM
moonwork42029

Well ladies, even those of us starting out with the best of intentions can easily get sucked into "life" and fall by the wayside. Still sticking with my mainly 30's theme, I present my version of Idaho. The center is funky but at this point (and time of night) frankly Scarlett, I don't give a darn.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]330097[/ATTACH]

Notice the "lady with bubbles" in some of the points...cracked me up when I saw the fabric and then it took forever to find a piece big enough to squeeze her into.

Life you ask...well my hubby's story will be :

We went into the sewing shop to look for some glow in the dark thread that I wanted to play around with...they were out as it was packed up and ready to go to the quilt show (remember I only live 10 minutes from Paducah) and before the next 15 minutes were gone, he was grinning like the Cheshire cat and on 05/05/12 we'll be picking up a Pfaff Grand Quilter 18.8 with the frame. Now we have to totally rearrange the front room (yes, that is the only room in the house where 12' will fit) and figure out what to do with some furniture.

I am indeed lucky as I hadn't asked for this and it's him that truly wants it for me. He's already telling me I better get all these blocks from various swaps together so we have something to quilt on. I've tried to explain there will be a lot of practice pieces before a real top gets put on.

So that's life in Possum Trot for now...and yes MommaK, it's fun living where the name is unique and sure to start a conversation.
Attached Thumbnails idaho-4-23-12.jpg