View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 05:41 AM
GrannieAnnie

Default I hit the on-line auction lottery

In a local on-line auction, I bid $4 on a pile of "kitchen linens". I picked it up last night but just now started looking thru it.

Among other things---------set of 8 brand new chair covers in a olive Christmas design
Several next to new HEAVY bath towels
About 6 lighter weight table cloths that will most likely be shopping bags before I'm done
A set of pretty sheets
Other odds and ends of kitchen things--pot holders, dish towels

AND A PLASTIC BAG OF EMBROIDERED STUFF
Yep, old quilt blocks that were never put together
1 cross stitched butterfly--about 16" square
14 9" character squares (kiddy stuff, bears and such)
16 9" floral squares, some cross stitched and some outline embroidered

I'm envisioning at least 2 kiddy quilts. I'll most likely keep them simple with small print sashing.

The squares are currently soaking in Oxy-clean to remove the old storage odor. The foundation fabric is either natural colored muslin or simply yellowed.

not that this has anything to do with quilting, but I also got about 15 clay baking forms----------for cookies for $13. Some are Wilton and some Brown Bag. I've never baked with clay and I'm anxious to see what I can do. Most are Christmas themed, but I've also got a bear, a horse, a heart and a pumpkin.

I've got a very slow computer connection and probably can't post pictures., But I will give it a good try as soon as I get these pieces cleaned.