Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 AM
annesthreads

Default Deadline -lesson learned re procrastination!

About 6 months ago a friend told me she was pregnant and I thought it would be fun to make her a baby quilt. I even had some fabrics that I'd previously bought for one. Need I say what happened (or didn't happen) next? I kept thinking that I must get started on it, and time went by. I finally decided on a disappearing 9 patch, to make the most of the pictures on one of the fabrics. Time went by. Then I made a big effort and sorted out my block size and cut out the pieces. Time went by. Then it was last week and I arranged to see my friend Friday of this week, for the last time before the birth. PANIC! I've just put the finishing stitches into the quilt after a gruelling few days. It looks OK, but I never want to sew under that sort of pressure again. It took all the fun out of it, and I couldn't take the care that I would have wanted to with the quilting, which I'm still quite a beginner at - wouldn't want a quilter to look closely at my stippling. Even so, sitting here looking at the finished quilt, I'm pleased with it, and I hope my friend will be too, after all that effort.

Hopefully this experience will teach me not to procrastinate so much! I'm going to have a couple of days off sewing now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]330143[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]330142[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails baby-quilt-finished-002-480x640-.jpg   baby-quilt-finished-2-001-480x640-.jpg