Thread: Newbie problem
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Kitsie

If you can find a straight stitch plate for your machine they are wonderful!! Instead of a zig-zag type slot it has a single little hole and also my machine has a straight stitch 1/4" foot that has just a narrow slot with a hole. These accessories are the "bomb" for doing small pieces, etc. (And I still use my "heads & tails" - scraps)

Originally Posted by auntiem View Post
Hi, I'm a newbie here and to quilting, but already need help. I have a Baby Lock Quest Plus which my DH gave me a few years ago for my BD---sweet man! I have sewn for 40+ years but never tried quilting before this year so am a total newbie at this. My problem is that when I start a 1/4" seam, my machine is feeding the fabric down into the needle hole on the plate, I am using the 1/4" quilting foot and the machine's PDQ system which should help with even feeding of the fabric. Any ideas on how to prevent this would be great and so appreciated. I don't want to get frustrated before I really get started, I'm sure there will be many better reasons to get frustrated down the road with this new undertaking! Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.