View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 07:45 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by sylviak View Post
It seems there is a lot of support for having a separate place for this discussion. By the way, I'm suggesting this for the Quilting Board, not an off board site...similar to the Vintage Machines site and "recipies" and general chit-chat, etc. I for one, would still be on the quilting discussions, because that's what I do most. But I've found this discussion to be very valuable as I am a beginner as far as embroidery goes. And I would never have bought the machine if I didn't intend to use it in quilting. I'm interested in learning to do actual quilting with it on small quilts.

I've ordered the Stitch Era Universal CD and it should be here tomorrow. I hope I don't have any problems downloading it. I think there is a site to help with that. Anyone have that program? Do you like it? If I don't like it, at least I haven't wasted too much money on it!
I'm getting the ERA this weekend but if you just type in Era universal into google you can pull up their site. Since it's free they say the only support they have is basically a FAQ online tech thing. For the price (free w/out CD) you can beat it. It's supposed to do it all. Let us know how you like it. I have a small version of 5D that came with my Viking. Next month the Viking educator is coming to our LQS where I bought mine and they'll load the big software package onto my pc and let me hook it up to my Ruby and teach us all kinds of things that we can do. The class is only $10 so it is really worth it. I want the big package to really get into creating and redesigning but want to wait until I'm a little more organized and ready to take the classes for it. So this will be a start along with my monthly classes that I get with my machine. I agree; I like the embroidery link to a part of this board since I also like to quilt and want to do them both together.