Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I've been this way all my life QE--bummer when you live the kind of life we have!! Just like my namesake--andf she told me it only gets worse with age!!

Carrie I tried to find the URL of the Wild Rose block but no luck so will upload it here. First the finished product than the PP.[ATTACH=CONFIG]330307[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]330308[/ATTACH]
I started with #2 as my gold center, then went around the center with a color, switched fabrics for round 2, etc until I came to the sixth round using 6 different purple fabrics in all. The block with seam allowances measures 8 1/4" so make sure you add enough final round fabric to get your block the correct size (8 1/2"). If this doesn't download for you maybe I can send an attachment via email. Good luck with it. I'm thinking this would make a really pretty block with yellows, pinks, reds, whites, or even a yellow rose with pink tips.
Oh and when I printed it it printed on 2 pages so had to overlap the centers. Maybe you could do some adjusting in page setup, but you want to make sure it stays at 8 1/2".
I want to thank everyone for their PP'ing hints. If I hadn't had them, I don't think I would've attempted this. It really wasn't that hard, but somewhat timeconsuming as my early morning attests to.
Think I'l just go select fabric for this week's blocks and call it a day--starting to droop here now.
Attached Thumbnails wildrose_small.jpg   wildrosepa.jpg  

Last edited by oksewglad; 04-24-2012 at 07:08 PM.