Thread: Bernina 440QE
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 10:29 AM
aborning

Default Bernina 440QE

I am thinking about selling my Bernina 440QE so that I can instead buy 2 sewing machines. One to have set up for daily use and one to use for taking to quilting classes/sewing days, etc. I have a 440QE that I bought 3 years ago because I wanted the the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) for free motion quilting. I used it on 4 quilts and then decided to buy a long arm machine. So now I know that I will never use the BSR again and so I am thinking about selling the 440QE to be able to use the money towards 2 Bernina sewing machines that are lesser value machine (perhaps Used ones). The 440QE has many stitches and 3 alphabets and I have never used any of it. I bought the sewing machine specifically for the BSR. I did not buy the embroidery module with it as that part did not interest me. However, it can be added. Has anyone bought a new Bernina 440QE recently (without the embroidery module)? How much did you pay? Bernina makes a 500 series now and discontinued making the 400 series and I know the 500 series are quite a bit of $. I'm just trying to figure out what my 3 yr. old 440QE is worth so I can decide if I should sell it or just keep it (even though it has many features I do not use). I simply use the straight stitch and the zig zag stitch, so that is why I'm thinking I could just buy a machine with less features. If I decide to sell it, I will have to sell it straight out because even though I want to buy Bernina sewing machines, I will not be able to trade it in for a new one since I am not upgrading--I am actually downgrading to try to be able to get 2 machines for myself.