View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
Most of mine go off to live other places. I do have a plan to do bed runners though - get a neutral solid comforter for our bed then make runners. I have a book that has patterns for 10 runners - not seasonal, but may use the patterns there and seasonal prints/colors. Neutral curtains. I can see it, but don't know when I'll do it. I think that would be a good way to practice my skills at FMQ without worrying about where the project would end up.

I have a cheery cherry quilt I just love - kept it, making one as a table clothe for kitchen table - I work on the blocks when I'm in between other things, plan to finish my Farmer's Wife Sampler at a retreat in June - will keep that one, but of the 50+ quilts I've made - that's it for me!

CraftyPat - I'm with you. When I finish one that doesn't already have a home I put it on the back of one of two rockers in my living room. If someone seems taken with it - it's theirs! Love that!
I am SO GLAD you talked about your cheery cherry quilt talbecloth. I have some Log Cabin blocks made with cherry fabric that I made to make into a tablecloth & I need to get on that. THANK YOU for the inspiration!!!!!