View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Freddie

I have the ERA universal. I love it. I have taken certain parts of designs with the ERA, wrote sayings, slightly enlarged and made smaller, etc. However, I have not done much of my own digitizing with it. There is a learning curve, but it is definitely well worth the money just for being able to do these things and seeing the embroidery designs on the computer. My embroidery machine has a small screen, is in black and white and sometimes looks like a blob. The ERA Universal is a full working digitizing program, if you want it to be. Can't go wrong!

Originally Posted by sylviak View Post
It seems there is a lot of support for having a separate place for this discussion. By the way, I'm suggesting this for the Quilting Board, not an off board site...similar to the Vintage Machines site and "recipies" and general chit-chat, etc. I for one, would still be on the quilting discussions, because that's what I do most. But I've found this discussion to be very valuable as I am a beginner as far as embroidery goes. And I would never have bought the machine if I didn't intend to use it in quilting. I'm interested in learning to do actual quilting with it on small quilts.

I've ordered the Stitch Era Universal CD and it should be here tomorrow. I hope I don't have any problems downloading it. I think there is a site to help with that. Anyone have that program? Do you like it? If I don't like it, at least I haven't wasted too much money on it!