View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 AM
dublb

Thanks everybody, Ya'll are so sweet!

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Great job DublB ... that Solar System really came together! Is that the CandleQuilter Star?
Yes it's Candlequilter's Applique Star! She was so sweet ta do that Tutorial for us.

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
They are both beautiful....and I love how the star pops into the other block...there's no controlling celestial bodies is there
Thanks for the smile. The first one was an accident, so I did others ta match.

Originally Posted by oma66 View Post
Wonderful quilts. I admire the quilting design and I would love to be able to do that - love the colors as well. Great job!

Thank you so much!This is the first true FMQ I've ever done & I know that I could have hand quilted my DGS's quilt faster than this took, but I did it! I tried to do it several times & after all of that ripping out I took a class.

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
These are great dublb! Kinda star struck, right? Did you QAYG on the second quilt sewing backs/fronts and batting at the same time?
Yeah this is Kay Wood's 6 Hour Quilt. I used wool batting & it needs ta be quilted 3" apart, so I added the Dragonflys.

Originally Posted by gsbuffalo View Post
Got to love the quilt holder. great job
This is my #2DS. He is 18 & going ta Midland College. He is a great quiltholder!

Originally Posted by burchquilts View Post
I, too, love how there are stars busting out all over! These both are wonderful! I know they'll be loved!
Again Thank You, All of Ya'll. You're so sweet.