View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Candace

Glenn, I have a cabinet from a White 77 that I'm contemplating refinishing. I saw your list as to what to get and use, but I wanted to post some photos to see if they are applicable to this table. This table has a gloss on it (on the inside) that I imagine is the original finish and the outside is just worn and dull now. But, I don't know if it's a shellac, laquer or?? Truth be told, I'm not overly in love with the color (kind of a honey) as I would prefer a dark walnut color, but I'll take your recommendations as what to use for the color... One thing I don't care for with this cabinet is that it is HEAVY. I think it's solid wood, unlike the veneers I'm used to seeing on Singer cabinets. This White also doesn't have a spring opening support arm, so when the top sides flip open the weight pulls on the hinges. I'd appreciate your opinion on what I should use (products) for this specific table. Thanks much!
Attached Thumbnails img_7618.jpg   img_7619.jpg   img_7620.jpg   img_7621.jpg   img_7622.jpg  

img_7623.jpg