View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 03:56 PM
alisonquilts

Originally Posted by pioneerlady View Post
I mainly sold my quilts in a quilt shop, moved to Idaho and asked the shop owner about selling my quilts. She asked me to bring them in and let her see them. I have a different technique for quilting. She liked them and offered to sell without a commission if she could sisplay them in her window. That was our deal for a couple of years until she closed the shop to open a class at her new house. She also wanted to know if I would teach her my technique and let her teach the ladies that wanted to learn. I'm very picky, I won't sell at flea markets, i don' want people touching my quilts. I will post a picture of my quilting if anyone is interested. Thanks
I want to see too! Post a pic!

I sell quilts whenever possible, but they are almost always word-of-mouth commissions, which means I know the people and have no problem setting basic rules (my timescale; I get paid a flat rate for my work, and materials are on top of that; etc). If I break it down to an hourly wage it works out to a pittance - but I am working from home, doing something I love, and it pays for my habit! I would certainly like to sell more, but I have had little luck with Etsy so far. And honestly, I'm not sure how much more quilting I could do - what little "spare" time I have I already spend quilting (or on this Board)!

Alison