Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Lori Peercy

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
I didn't mean to start anything with my suggestion, and by no means did I mean it as a directive -- only meant it as a suggestion for a tool for more ideas for me. For example -- if someone likes roosters, I would be more apt to send a table runner with roosters than a dramatic contemporary print. Would you make your best friend purple placements if you knew she had brown dishes? I have a rather healthy stash to use up, and I would rather make something I know would fit into someone's decor that they would be more likely to use and enjoy. Not that they wouldn't use and enjoy it otherwise, but at least I'd have a means of narrowing down my fabric choices. Not everyone has the same taste and interest -- I tend towards eclectic myself ... my kitchen is decorated in tela vera pottery and lizards and frogs, no roosters anywhere. My cousin decorates only in pink florals, which would never go in my burnt orange kitchen. I meant the suggestion in the same vein as the question of what kind of candy do you like or not like -- does that mean I HAVE to send candy? I'm just looking for a way to better please someone I don't know and am trying to get to know better. The more hints I have, the more info I have to make something that much more personal, aimed especially towards their likes. Like sending coffee to a coffee drinker rather a tea drinker, or sending a mystery book to someone who likes to read mysteries rather than romance novels, or sending a cookbook to someone who hates to cook. This was not meant as a directive or an expectation, just info gathering. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Better said than what I said but what I meant, the more info you have the better you are able to make a decision, well said.