Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 PM
J Miller

Well, I got me an old one. A Newhome with the tension on the top of the arm and no thread take up lever. I don't have pics yet, they are still on the camera and since I'm on the old Win 98 box it's a royal PITA to download them to the HD. I'll probably get them up tomorrow.
Anyway, here's the Craigs list URL: http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/atq/2900934210.html
The pics make it look a lot better than it was. The term "rough" is an understatement. But it has possibilities so I went ahead and bought it.
The motor does not run. I haven't diagnosed it's problems yet, but I'm working on it.
The machine was locked up. Not from rust, or old oil, but from bunches of needles and pins dropped down inside the oil oils. Had the old machine jammed up and jelly tight. It's all freed up now. Many parts are soaking in Hoppe's #9 and Evapo-Rust.
What really made us laugh is the mouse nest in the case under the machine. That's all cleaned out but the case needs to be washed.

Does anyone have a site that can help me ID the model # of this machine? Serial# is AB 5043.
Other than the latches on the bentwood case, the missing light and the nob on the stitch control the machine is complete with shuttle, bobbin and even a needle.

Joe