View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Snooks

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine View Post
I'm happily committed to making a wedding quilt for a nephew whose girl friend I've never met. She very strong minded and decisive according to my sister, her future in law. But I can get no information from her reguarding her quilt.
I've posted her quilt preference from the Pottery Barn cataloque, but it's not a quilt in my opinion.
I can get no information whether she wants it Puffy, comforter or duvet style, or a proper quilt in those colours (It took me 3 months to hunt suitable fabrics close to her choice), blocks or pattern. Her only response is "I'll leave it up to you". I'm driving myself crazy here trying to decide how to approach this. She's seen my work so she does or should know the difference between her Pottery Barn picture and my style of work.
Help me decide.
I think you have done the HARD part (finding the fabric). Could not tell from the picture, but I would cut my blocks out to be about the same size (8, 10 or 12 inch). From the picture she wants something more on the simple side (large blocks), but is using the RED as the BOLD. Also from what I can see in the top picture, the blocks are quilted in a simple straight or cross hatch pattern. She might not know how to put into words that she wants it to look like the picture (or close to it). Some times with all the STUFF!!!!! going on with weddings, it's hard to let everyone know what you have your heart set on. DON'T make it any harder on your self than you have. Just enjoy your quilting. Happy sewing.