View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post
1. Number the stencils.
2. Photocopy the stencils.
3. Put the stencils in file folders with the corresponding number on the outside of the file folder.
4. Take your photocopied pages, punch the photocopies with a 3-hole punch and put the photocopies in a 3-ring binder in numerical order.
5. Put your file numbered folders, with stencils inside, back in a drawer.

When you are looking for a design, pull out your binder and flip thru the pages until you find the design you want and then go to the corresponding numbered file folder.

Shari
an elaborate system indeed! You are very organized. Unfortunately I have no stencils that would fit in a standard file or a legal file. Most of my stencils are are bigger than 12" square so won't fit nicely in a file folder.

I collect antiques and have an antique steamer trunk with the insert . I use the bottom part to store fabric in those giant ziploc bags you squeeze the air out of. The insert has two sections. One holds my cones of thread and the other holds my stencils. For the one stencil I have that is two long to fit I lay it on top of the insert and close the trunk. Works for me and is aesthetically pleasing. I only have about a dozen stencils though.