View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 AM
pioneerlady

A quick explanation about the way I quilt. I'm impatient, when I start a project I want it done now. I would hand piece quilt tops and the only thing I knew to do was tie them, some quilts need to be quilted. Hand quilting takes too long, and I have not mastered machine quilting, bexides I love the hand work. About 20 years ago, I thought there has to be another way to hand quilt but that is faster. So, I came up with this idea. I had to teach myself quilting, we traveled with my husbands job and we still do. I stretch my quilt tight on the frame or hoop, when it's done, it's a bit poofier. I didn' know until a few years ago that it shouldn't be so tight, but it was too late then. I like the outcome. The pattern determines how close my stitches are and what I quilt around, what's quilted is what stands out. All the traveling is where my user name came from. I'm sure back in the wagon train days we would have been pioneers, or the ones attacking the wagon trains. lol. The first pics are my latest barbie quilt a 2" tumbler. The other 2, table toppers.
Attached Thumbnails sany0006-640x480-.jpg   sany0007-640x480-2-.jpg   sany0001-640x480-.jpg   sany0002-640x480-.jpg