View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 07:42 AM
mdall

I understand what you are saying. I too am making the transition from just doing it for the fun of it to selling. There has been some joy taken out of it but I am on my way to solving that problem. Now when I am making something to sell I first look at as will this be a fun quilt for me to make. That is the key, if its not fun then I dont do it. Second, are the little things. I dont let myself get stressed over the small stuff, fabric choice, colors, etc. because in the long run it not for me. Just make things you enjoy making and keep in mind that someone out there is gonna love it. The price to charge is the sticky part. I try to keep mine as low as possible knowing that Im probably not going to get every dime for my time out of it. Most I have talked to break it down, Materials needed, then a set price for piecing the top, set price for sandwiching and quilting, then finally a set price for binding them. This tends to keep the prices a set level for the size your doing and you dont run into the destress of much time your putting into it because your fee has already been set. hope this helped.