View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 AM
quiltmom04

I don't sell my quilts and for exactly all the reasons you mentioned. I have found you can't make a living selling your quilts for what they SHOULD be worth, unless you're someone famous, I suppose, and that just makes me upset about selling them. And I've found when I take quilting, which give not only produces quilts, but is very relaxing, and try to make it a job, I don't have any other way to relax. And I was never good at stopping 'work" quilting and going to 'my' quilting. Got burnt out too fast. But I DO like to make quilts as gifts. The time frame is largely my own, I generally decide who to give ( and NOT give) them to and a can largely keep track of them, as you say. I have also have given quilts to fundraisers, but that too has a tinge of not raising the amount it should be worth. My judgement for selling quilts is if you can make enough to not make you upset about parting with them, good. But just because you CAN do something tangible as a hobby, as opposed to, say, playing golf or reading, doesn't mean you should feel obligated to do it for money.