View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Rose_P

At the moment the only quilts I have around that I made are doll quilts. I have a bunch of them on the wall and a couple in an antique doll bed. There are nothing but store-bought quilts on beds where the kitties sleep. I think I may make one for us soon, but the one I made with the intention of leaving it in the den to use on the couch did not get used at all here because of the warm winter we had. I was thankful to have it around last month when I got word that my brother was in a Dallas hospital seriously ill. It meant I had a brand new quilt to take to him immediately. He was very appreciative. It was meant to be. It just fit a hospital bed and he was having trouble keeping warm because of his medications. It was a simple design (Jelly Roll Race) which meant that it was not so special that it might grow little legs and depart when nobody was looking. It's a shame that's a consideration, but we learned from an experience when my mom was in a hospital many years ago that it's best to remember that almost (but not quite!) everyone is honest.