View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
seasaw2mch

This is my way of doing it from scratch.

Boil the noodles as per package instructions. I only use 2 cups of noddles.
While the noodles are cooking I make my cheese sauce;

pour 1- 5oz. can of evaporated milk and 2 table spoons of real butter in a sauce pan on very low heat, you want this to warm slowly.
Once this is hot (not boiling) start adding sharp cheddar cheese a little at a time (I use about 2 cups shredded), constantly stirring and allowing the cheese to melt as you go. When all the cheese is melted you will have a very creamy cheese sauce to pour over your cooked noodles.

That's it, your done, unless you want to add some other stuff to it.

Now if you want to make this into a meal by itself just add some pre-cooked and drained ground beef, I wash/rinse off all fat and add it to the noodles before pouring on the cheese sauce. This is the way my hubby likes it. But for me, I go one step further and add a little tomato to it as well. Sometimes I use canned diced tomato, or stewed tomato, or just plain spaghetti sauce. It doesn't matter to me what tomato goes in, I just love tomatoes in mine. I also like to add some Garlic and Herb spice but then again I'm sort of weird that way. LOL

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine View Post
Does anyone have a good and easy homemade recipe for Mac and Cheese? I made one from the internet and it was okay but I really didn't like it all that much. Maybe some of you have some tried and true recipes.

Last edited by seasaw2mch; 04-26-2012 at 01:37 PM.