View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 02:09 PM
karensue

Like another I just saw this thread too and would also Love to see another section added to the QuiltingBoard for embroidery and quilts.
For embroidery I have a Viking Designer SE, Pfaff CV, and Brother 10 needle.
I fell in love with the embroidery machine when I first got it 12 years ago.
When I started out I did the usual, napkins and towels, but now I love to make quilts with embroidered centers or blocks; and to dress up clothes. I had a white denim vest that was 15 years old and I could never part with it, and it now has been given new life with embroidery on the back and on the pockets and the top. I find myself checking a local thrift store for items that are new or barely worn and embroider them too - this is a great way to also get used to your machine and stabilizers, that way a lot of money has not been spent on the item and you feel great about the results.
I also buy blank tablecloths on sale and embroider them, and on the round decorative ones, I also add trim.
On the last one I couldn't find any frogs so I could arrange each section on a round tablecloth so I made my own FSL ones. (free standing lace).
Quilts are the best ever to embroider - I just finished embroidering a design to look like quilting on every block, and even did the entire border using the embroidery machine.
Thanks for letting me "speak"
karenSue