View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 08:08 AM
quiltluvr

Originally Posted by SSTeacher
Quiltluver: Is the Fabric Shack or Quilt Shack also off the PA turnpike or is it in Lancaster? Going to Lancaster in Nov and want to hit as many places as possible. Already have DH exercising arms to build up for "holding bolts." :roll:
It's going into Bird-In-Hand and Intercourse. Route 340 or something like that. It would be on the left side. Maybe three miles (?) or so further down is the People's Place Museum on the right.

I used to have a map of the area with all the shops but I can't find it at the moment. Should I come across it I'll definitely get back to you.

Hayloft has about 8,000 bolts, charms, jellys, scrap baskets to dig in (my favorite), battings, flannels, repos, 30's, the latest new lines, patterns, books, made for sale items, fat quarters. I love how their fabric is organized and labeled. It's upstairs overlooking a little grocery store, which the whole thing is made to look like a barn, thus the "hayloft" fabrics above. And they have a coupon on their website to use each month. Just print it out.

(Your husband will thank you at this store, they have carts for the bolts. Thing is you may need more than one!) :mrgreen: