View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 AM
ShowMama

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
I was in a WalMart in Texas and they had fabric in carts too. I asked what was going on and the clerk told me they were completely redoing the fabric, bringing much more in. They had some of the better quilting fabric there and it was $7.98-8.98 a yard and it was beautiful fabric. So far, our local WalMart has done nothing about adding fabric. One of the clerks told me that all the quilters and sewers really complained and for once, someone listened. I know I sent about 2 letters via email to the corporate headquarters complaining about the lack of fabric.
Last weekend at the Walmart in Belton, Texas, there were stacks and stacks of bolts priced at $1.50 to $4.00 per yard (mostly cottons, but also some other fabric types). I asked the clerk if the prices were so low because they were getting rid of the fabric department. She said that no, they were just making room for lots more new fabric that was expected to come in over the next few weeks. Another clerk pointed to the tiered slanted shelves, and said "We're getting three more sets of shelves just like that one." Wow! I went in there to buy dog and cat food, and came out with a bag full of fabric!