View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Denise_the_Quilt_Lady

Originally Posted by Rose L View Post
I don't know about anyone else but when the day arrives for me to have a giant new studio of my own, I don't want it to look like a sewing room. I would prefer that it look like a showroom instead. I want all my fabric hidden from site but placed behind doors where I can open them up and see everything I have at a glance. I would also like tables for friends to come in and work and comfortable seating in a group arrangement so we can sit together and hand sew or quilt. I would use fluorescent daylight bulbs but they'd have to be in attractive fixtures, no long tubes all over the ceiling for me. I would also want wood or wood look flooring that would be easy to sweep up in the sewing areas and a soft berber in the seating areas. The flooring would distinguish the various areas of the room and could add to an artful feel if planned well. What an exciting time for you, the sky is the limit so be creative and enjoy the process!!!
I haven't been posting on this journal because it was difficult to keep up with 2 journals at the same time, and difficult to post on this forum, due to the fact that it would time out and then when it times out i would have to type all over again. If you want to see what's happening come over to my other forum (which i find so much easier to navigate and post on - if it times out you don not lose your message -- you just try again) http://www.quiltinghaven.com/index.php?topic=5061.0
This may be the last post i make to this thread.