View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
cloverbud

Default Thrilled beyond measure!

A friend called and asked, are you still looking for an old machine? I said if I stumble across one I would be interested. She had just left a yard sale and saw one that looked nice to her. They were asking $150. The sale was not far from my home so I went. It was a well-taken care of but definitely used machine. From researching and reading this forum I think it is a 1946 Singer, 201-2. It has a pot belly motor, a light on the front with a side light switch. Serial number AG684655. The treadle cabinet is beautiful with the exception of a few veneer flaws. As I was standing there looking at it (totally willing to pay the $150 asking price) the lady said if you will haul it off you can have it for $75. SOLD - - I could not back my car around fast enough. Apparently none of these people knew the value. All the machine needed was oiled, dusted, new light bulb and thread removed from under the bobbin case. Once I took care of all that, it sews beautifully.

Any information you can give me would be appreciated. I do have two questions - can this machine be converted to be used as a treadle? Any suggestions on making this beauty even better, I would appreciate your wisdom. I have never posted anything, just been following for about a year. I am so proud I just had to share. I am glad I decided to check out the yard sale.
Attached Thumbnails sewing-machine-001.jpg   sewing-machine-003.jpg   sewing-machine-004.jpg   singer-machine-005.jpg   singer-machine-006.jpg  

singer-machine-008.jpg