Old 04-28-2012, 05:05 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
Mirabelle....now you have an orphan pony? It shouldn't have any trouble finding a home though since it is so pretty!

QuiltE...just ignore the tiny square in the frame of the corner square and you'll have a much sturdier piece of fabric to turn the corner with.

I've worked ahead a couple of weeks and while there are no sharp y seams, the only block that was peasy easy was the little sailboat. Laurie has chosen some very unusual blocks for this quilt and they are very challenging for me. I probably wouldn't keep at it if it weren't for this trailride. Thanks everyone for all of your encouragement and the hard work you do for your own blocks.

ha! Orphan Pony ... you had me confuzzled for a bit there,
GGal ... I now have two orphan ponies so far. Unlike JanRN, I don't have a Patches to make a quilt for!! And once I work on Eastertide, I might have another!

Thanks for the suggestion for altering ... I'm stubborn and at least will start with the plan of keeping with the original whole pattern! We'll see what transpires today.

I'm really liking the challenges .... that's how we all learn and get better! At least we don't have a full quilt to do of any of the *itchy blocks!